Jimirara is located at Mount Surround, approximately 50 minutes south of Townsville in North Queensland, Australia.
Public tours are held once per calendar month and include:
- wilderness walks
- wildlife encounters
- presentation of Jimirara’s goals and future aspirations.
Bookings are essential and entry is by prior arrangement only.
We welcome volunteers to get involved with JImirara. Opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting staff with public tours and facilitating wildlife interactions
- Assisting in the maintenance of the grounds and enclosures
- Native flora revegetation
- Weed control
- Preparing daily food, treats and enrichment for our wildlife
- Daily enclosure cleaning for captive wildlife
- Assisting staff with undertaking health checks, such as weighing our captive wildlife.
Contact Jimirara to regsiter your interest in becoming a Volunteer.